Thursday, June 14, 2012

Fishtail (for dinner)

In need of dinner near Bloomingdales, I decided to return to Fishtail.  As you may recall, when I tried Fishtail's brunch recently, the restaurant suffered from a service issue BUT the manager stepped in and did an excellent job turning a long wait into a lovely brunch.  In light of the way the manager handled the situation, I thought I would go back to Fishtail to see if the service could live up to Fishtail's excellent food.

I was pleased that we did not experience any service hiccups during our dinner.  All of our dishes were home runs.  I think at a restaurant like Fishtail, you can't go wrong.

What to Eat:

I had to start with the Pretzel Crabcake.  This appetizer is a must.  I was blown away by it when I first tried it at brunch a few months back sand was excited to devour it again.  For those that missed my brunch post, the pretzel crusted crab cake is placed above a sweet sesame oil sauce to give the appetizer a savory and sweet mix.



And because the Lobster Scramble was such a hit at brunch, I went for the Lobster Risotto for dinner.  This night time lobster dish was equally succulent.  The risotto was buttery and filled with a generous portion of fresh lobster.  












As a side, I opted for the sauteed carrots and peas.The bowl of colorful veggies was doused in olive oil and topped with a something resembling a steak seasoning.  This side is perfect for sharing.
The mousse was not what I was expecting but still tasty.  The fluffy, milk chocolate mousse was accompanied by toasted pistachios and a scoop of ice cream.  This dessert is small so don't plan on sharing it unless all you and your dining partner want is "a bite" of chocolate.


Looking to unwind after the Bloomingdales sales rush?  Check out Fishtail,

Your foodie friend

Insider tip:  Sunday nights feature lobster inspired prix fixe menu for $35.  

No comments:

Post a Comment